Saturday, April 11, 2009

Developments


Hello! I am long past due for an update on how plans for travel to Burundi are coming along. For starters I want to give a gigantic thank you to the many people who have donated so generously to the trip. With their help I have raised nearly $3000 for the work camp which is 75% of the goal!

One major development regarding the trip is that I was just granted permission to stay an extra week at the clinic to shadow Dr.Alexia Nibona, the director of the Friends Women Association http://www.fwaburundi.com/. I think it will be a great opportunity to not only observe a clinical setting outside of the U.S. but also learn from some people who have dedicated their lives to rebuilding the communities they live in through dedication and service.

Thanks again for your interest and support. I look forward to the day when I will be able to convey some first hand information. Feel free to email me with any questions sarah.tillotson@gmail.com or check out the AGLI website. aglionline.org

No comments:

Post a Comment